2021/01/21

America is back.



The star-Spangled Banner

Oh, say can you see, 
by the dawn's early light,
what so proudly we hailed
at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars
through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched
were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets' red glare,
the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night
that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that
star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free
and the home of the brave?


From Joe Biden's inauguration speech.
I give you my word. I will always level with you. I will defend the Constitution. I'll defend our democracy. I'll defend America and I will give all, all of you. Keep everything I do in your service, thinking not of power, but of possibilities, not of personal interest, but of the public good. And together we shall write an American story of hope, not fear. Of unity, not division. Of light, not darkness. A story of decency and dignity, love and healing, greatness and goodness.